Sunday, September 30, 2012

Welcome Baby Magnus!

A wise Doula friend recently told me what she has heard, "Each birth gives us something we need to parent that child". At the end of this birth, when talking with the Mom I said, "I guess sometimes you have to give up everything you want to just do what is best for your child". There were many special circumstances in this birth to work through, and it has taken me days and will take more for me to contemplate pieces of this birth. The bottom line, though, was this family worked so hard for their son, precious and thankfully healthy Baby Magnus. After the birth, while everyone was still early in recovery it was hard to know what to reflect on from this birth, yet in the following days I began to see how special the birth of a Mother truly is, whether it is vaginal or surgical, it is BIRTH. I know this Mom, a sister of my dear friend, and watching her embracing her role, loving unconditionally, and cherishing this baby she birthed has brought so much joy. I can't wait to see her again soon, she also does amazing hair!