Friday, November 4, 2011

Welcome Baby Torin!

It has been an amazing week for me. I am truly enjoying this class session, I got to be present at another amazing birth, and I went to visit the Beyer family and got some snuggles with their beautiful little girl! I am so fortunate to get to do something I absolutely love and enjoy, I mean, it was just like sitting chatting with new friends last night. This never feels like work to me, I so enjoy what I am doing and it comes so incredibly naturally to support families, wake up in the middle of the night just to be a steady and calm presence on a Birth Day, and support new families as they adjust to the exciting world of parenting. This work makes my heart happy, even the hard days.

Alright, now on to the point of this post: Happy Birth Day to Torin! Torin arrived early Sunday morning just 25 minutes or so after I met his parents at the hospital in Pueblo. His Mom breathed him out in just a few surges, 10 1/2 lbs of pure, chubby, perfect little boy. It was AMAZING. I have always taught (and believed) that as long as Mom and baby are healthy, baby will grow to be the right size for her body, and this birth was absolute proof. I would not have known this baby was any different than a 7lb baby, it went to smoothly. This family has been an absolute joy to visit and "work" with, they have such a joyful presence that it always lifted my spirits to spend an evening with them. Even during the late part of labor, Mom was making little jokes. Welcome Torin and I wish you all the best in the world, thank you so much for having me present on your Birth Day.